Lars Torben Kremer proudly announced last evening, June 4th, the immediate availability for download of the Cinnamon edition of the Snowlinux 2 operating system.Dubbed Cream, Snowlinux 2 Cinnamon is based on the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) operating system and it is powered by Linux kernel 3.2.0 and Cinnamon, a fork of the GNOME 3 desktop environment.
"Snowlinux 2 "Cream" is based upon the LTS edition Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" and is supported for 5 years until April 2017. Because of the fact of LTS this edition is extremly stable and fast."
"Due drastic changes with Gnome 3 and Unity, Snowlinux is getting as always a traditional desktop like Gnome 2, the Gnome 3 fork Cinnamon and the Gnome 3 Fallback," stated the official release announcement.
Highlights of Snowlinux 2 Cinnamon Edition:
· LTS release, based on Ubuntu 12.04;
· Linux kernel 3.2.0-24;
· Cinnamon 1.4-UP3;
· Chromium 18;
· Mozilla Firefox 13.0;
· Mozilla Thunderbird 13.0;
· New look and feel;
· Snowlinux-Metal dekstop theme;
· Snowlinux-Metal icons;
· Better software selection;
· Better response and speed;
· Support for Medibuntu, multiverse, and universe software repositories;
· Added terminal colors;
· Added delete permanently function;
· Added Open in Terminal function;
· Added Open as Administrator function;
· Lots of system improvements.
The developer of the Snowlinux operating system recommends the following system requirements in order to install this Cinnamon edition on your machine:
Snowlinux 2 Cinnamon - Image courtesy of Lars Torben Kremer
· An x86 processor;
· At least 512 MB memory;
· At least 4 GB free disk space;
· A graphics card capable of 800x600 resolution;
· A CD-ROM drive or USB port.
Snowlinux 2 Cinnamon Edition is distributed as Live CDs for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. The distribution will be supported for five years, until April 2017.
Download Snowlinux 2 Cinnamon right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+