Based on Debian 6 and powered by Linux kernel 2.6.32
Lars Torben Kremer proudly announced yesterday, June 20th, the immediate availability for download of the stable release of the Snowlinux 2 KDE Edition operating system.Dubbed Ice, Snowlinux 2 KDE is based on the Debian 6 (Squeeze) operating system and it's powered by the LTS (Long Term Support) Linux kernel 2.6.32 and KDE Software Compilation 4.4.
This release is 100% compatible with Ubuntu's software repositories, and it is supported with security updated and patches until February 2014.
"Snowlinux 2 "Ice" KDE comes with the QT4 theme Fushigi-Plasma-Theme, the Icon set was set to Snowlinux-Metal-Theme-Icons and the system font is "Ubuntu" by default."
"Also present in this edition is an improved live-installer which detects country, offers keyboard variants and uses UUID in fstab." - was stated in the official announcement.
Click here to view the Snowlinux 2 KDE screenshot tour!
Highlights of Snowlinux 2 KDE Edition:
· Baseon on Debian 6;
· Linux kernel 2.6.32 (LTS);
· KDE SC 4.4;
· Better installer with support for UUID in fstab and keyboard variants);
· Chromium web browser;
· Icedove email client;
· Banshee music player;
· Shotwell image editor;
· Fushigi Plasma theme;
· Snowlinux KDM theme;
· Snowlinux KSplash theme;
· Snowlinux bootloader theme;
· OpenJDK 6 Java;
· Ubuntu font;
· New look and feel;
· Better software selection;
· Better response and speed;
· Support for contrib, non-free, and debian-multimedia software repositories;
· Updated packages and software;
· Lots of system improvements.
Snowlinux 2 KDE - Image courtesy of Lars Torben Kremer
Recommended hardware requirements for Snowlinux 2 KDE:
· An x86 processor;
· At least 512 MB memory;
· At least 4 GB free disk space;
· A graphics card capable of 800x600 resolution;
· A CD-ROM drive or USB port.
Snowlinux 2 KDE Edition is distributed as Live CDs for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
Download Snowlinux 2 KDE right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+