Slax, a modern, portable, small and fast Linux operating system with a modular approach and outstanding design, is now at version 7.0 RC3.Slax 7.0 RC3 is based on the KDE 4.x branch and comes with a lot of applications from the KDE SC package, for network, multimedia and games.
The distribution boasts a modular approach that provided users the possibility to easily install applications. Even so, the vanilla version comes with a large collection of pre-installed software for daily use, including a well-organized graphical user interface and useful recovery tools for system administrators.
The modular capability of Slax can be used to integrate your favorite software. For example, if you don't find your favorite text editor, networking tool or game, simply download a module with the software and copy it to Slax
Highlights of Slax 7.0 RC3:
• The distribution has been translated in more than 50 languages;
• “slax” can now be used just like “slax activate”;
• Unwanted error warnings about missing devices are now avoided;
• Bootinst script fixes and improvements have been implemented;
• A few new firmware entries have been added, including for Radeon and some Wi-Fi drivers;
• from=/path/slax.iso boot parameter is now supported and can be used to load slax data from the given iso;
• Firefox style improvements have been made for the Slax Software Center;
• Several module tools have been added, such as sb2dir, deb2sb, and txz2sb;
• A new development module has been added, which means that the total size of the distribution is now around 210MB, for the 32-bit version;
• A new wallpaper has been added to the default theme.
Check out the official release notes for a complete list of new features.
Download Slax 7.0 RC3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.