Slackel Openbox 3.0 Is Based on Linux Kernel 3.8.4
The latest version of this distribution can be downloaded from Softpedia
Slackel Openbox, a distribution based on Slackware and Salix, that uses the Salix tools and packages, is now at version 3.0.Slackel Openbox 3.0 has been developed for the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and the images can be easily burned on a CD.
Highlights of Slackel Openbox 3.0:
• Linux kernel was updated to version 3.8.4;
• Lots of updates from Slackware's “Current” tree have been implemented;
• The distribution included Midori 0.4.9, Claws-Mail 3.8.1, Transmission, SpaceFm, Openjre-7u9, rhino, icedtea-web, Pidgin, Gftp, and Wicd;
• Several office applications were added, including Gnumeric, Abiword, and ePDFviewer;
• Viewnior 1.3, Gimp 2.8.4 and Scrot are the default graphics apps;
• Exaile 3.3.0 is the application implemented for managing the music collection.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Slackel Openbox 3.0 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW