Download the latest Slackel KDE distro from Softpedia
Slackel KDE, a Linux distribution and LiveCD based on Slackware and Salix, has just reached version 4.10.2.The distribution is fully compatible with Slackware and Salix, but it also includes the latest updates from their respective repositories.
“A wide variety of office applications have been included. Calligra Words, Calligra Stage, Calligra Tables are the main office applications included. Many more others have been included, such as KOrganizer, KAddressBook and the Okular document viewer. Skanlite is a light-weight scanning application based on libksane,” reads the official announcement.
Slackel KDE 4.10.2 highlights:
• The current tree of Slackware and KDE 4.10.4 has been integrated in this version of the distribution;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.9.5;
• Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 21.0;
• KMail, Ktorrent, Akregator, Kopete, OpenJRE-7u9 (OpenJDK-7u40 and OpneJRE-7u40) are available in the official repositories;
• The VLC media player has been updated to version 2.0.6;
• Clementine has been updated to version 1.1.1;
• K3b has been updated to version 2.0.2;
• The Salix codecs installer application can now be used, to quickly and easily install patent codecs;
• Krita, Karbon, Gwenview, KColorChooser, Ksnapshot have been added in the graphics section.
Two KDE Live ISO images are immediately available for download and they can be burned on a DVD or used with a USB drive.
Slackel can be installed in three modes, Full, Basic, and Core. The Live Persistence manager is also provided and users can save any changes they make during a Live session.
LiveClone, a graphical tool that makes it easy for anyone to create new customized live images, is available in the distribution.
According to the developer, Slackel Live can also be booted through a network connection using PXE.
A complete list if changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Slackel KDE 4.10.2 right now from Softpedia.