On May 10, Alexandre Julliard announced a new development version of the Wine app, which brought assorted bug fixes and improvements.As usual, the number of new features and bug fixes in the development version of Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) is quite large, even if we don’t take the important changes into account.
This latest version is a little smaller than the previous ones, but there are some interesting changes nonetheless.
Highlights of Wine 1.5.30:
• The gpuViewer no longer fails to start when trying to change HDC;
• Microsoft Windows CE Platform Manager 4.0 sub-installer of Embedded VC++ 4.0 no longer fails;
• A write buffer overrun has been fixed in LsaLookupNames2;
• QuarkXPress 8.x no longer hangs on start;
• Peachtree First Accounting 2012 install no longer fails because the USER32.DLL GetListBoxInfo library is not found;
• MP3Gain no longer falters and crashes;
• The BloxxIt launcher frequently no longer crashes in mshtml;
• The register conversion has been improved in order to support over 64-bit registers;
• x87 register support has been added in the gdb proxy;
• Support has been added for NVidia GeForce GT 630;
• Support has been added for 1st, 2nd and long names linker COFF archive members;
• Support has been added for NTLM and Negotiate authentication;
• The allocation length has been fixed for the domain list.
Wine 1.5.30 also brings bug fixes for the following Windows games and tools: Counter-Strike:Source, Garry's mod, Trackmania Nations Forever, Lula: The Sexy Empire, Steam, Planetside 2 (Beta), Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, Office 2010, Skyrim, Bioshock infinite, Armored Fist 3, Galactic Civilizations II, and Spices Decompiler.
More details about this release can be found in the official changelog.
Download Wine 1.5.30 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.