Well-known memory and SSD manufacturer, Taipei-headquartered company Silicon Power has just announced a new USB thumb drive with fashionable design.
The new addition to Silicon Power’s flash drive product lineup is called Ultima U03 and features a “simple yet classic elegant design,” as the company’s own press release characterizes it.
We consider it to be plastic-like and generally mediocre, prone to scratches and generally unimpressive, as this is still a USB 2.0 device.
It’s quite puzzling why manufacturers still use the USB 2.0 interface standard, especially since a 32 GB flash drive would take hours to be filled with non-compressed data like office files, photos and similar stuff.
Silicon Power’s Ultima U03 USB series can work in environmental temperatures ranging from 0 to 70 degrees Celsius.
Here are the manufacturer’s official features and specifications: Product Features:
• Luxurious diamond cut pattern, fashion style
• Special cap-less design with retractable USB connector
• LED indicates the usage status
• SP Widget free download provided
• Size: 55.0 mm x 20.0 mm x 8.6 mm
• Weight: 13g
• Interface: USB 2.0 & 1.1 compatible
• Capacity: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
• Color: Mystery Black / Snowy White
• Operating temperature: 0° C ~ 70° C
• Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS 10.3.x, Linux 2.6.x
• Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Specific pricing information has not yet been made available.