Quite a few changes have been implemented since the previous release candidate
Siduction 2012.2 RC2, a Linux distribution that ships with four desktop environments, KDE SC, XFCE LXDE, and Razor-Qt, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, was announced today.Siduction 12.2.0 RC2 has been dubbed Riders on the Storm and is based on Debian's unstable branch. The goal of the developer is to try and release snapshots quarterly.
Unlike previous versions that only featured three desktop environments, KDE SC, XFCE, LXDE, this latest version also introduces Razor-Qt, at version 0.5.1.
The distribution's images are a snapshot of the Debian unstable version, 2012-12-02. It features some new scripts, an installer, and a custom patched version of the linux-kernel 3.6-8, accompanied by XServer 1.12.4-4
Highlights of Siduction 2012.2 RC:
• fw-detect now works as expected when installing non-free firmware;
• The creation of the sources.list log during the image building has been improved;
• New upstream versions for wbar and wbar-config are now available;
• The correct firmware-link for AR7010+AR9287 devices has been added to fw-detect;
• The kickoff menu for KDE has been enabled;
• The VG default size has been set to 4 GB for LVM;
• ntfs-config has been added for easier configuration of ntfs file system.
“A lot of time consuming changes again went into adapting the codebase we forked to our needs. We found the way how artwork was integrated into the different flavors for each release very cumbersome and have reshaped the process”
“The same thing is happening to the bluewater manual at the moment. The process of adding new pages needs an overhaul to simplify the process. All in all we closed 109 bugs since the last final release, most of them being code rewrites,” stated the developers in the official announcement.
Download Siduction 12.2.0 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.