Sharon Osbourne Sets Beverly Hills House on Fire

Star leaves candle unattended, firefighters arrive in the nick of time

Just hours ago, Sharon Osbourne nearly set her entire house on fire. Firefighters responded to a call coming from the talk show host’s Beverly Hills mansion, managing to put out the fire in the nick of time, it has emerged.

TMZ reports that the intervention took place before the fire did any significant damage to the house.

As for what started it, Sharon takes all the blame: she had left a burning candle unattended and went to bed. Suffice it to say that her wakeup call came earlier than expected – and was extremely scary and unpleasant as well.

In a brief statement to TMZ, Sharon explains the crisis in her typically funny way.

“Please everybody always check all the candles lit in the house before going to bed. I didn't, and at 5am this morning I was met with 5 gorgeous men from the BH Fire Department as they put out the fire in my house,” the star says.

E! News notes that Sharon also talked about the incident on her talk show The Talk, joking even more about how gorgeous and extremely helpful the firefighters were.

Unfortunately, for the time being, we don’t have video of Sharon’s explanation.

“I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone,” Sharon said of how she and husband Ozzy tried to put out the blaze.

“And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on – we did it all,” she added.

She also said she got mouth to mouth from all 5 gorgeous firemen, but that part was just a joke. Her warning to others not to leave lit candles unsupervised wasn’t.

Hot right now  ·  Latest news