The folks at Croteam continue to improve their highly-acclaimed Serious Sam 3 title with new features and bug fixes.
A few weeks ago the game received an impressive update that added a huge number of bug fixes and balancing corrections.
Today, developers launched another update
(171822), which is now available for download via Steam. As expected there's quite a number of bug fixes included, but also some improvements to the game's editor.
"- Fixed a crash occurring on server if a client equips sledgehammer, climbs onto a ladder and disconnects while still on the ladder;
- Fixed a crash on dedicated server occurring in coin-op if a game ends with all players disconnected;
- Fixed another way to get out of map on Medina;
- Mirror reflections are now disabled at low GPU quality;
- Glowing in menu is now disabled on OSX and Linux platforms, and on 'lowest' GPU quality preset;
- Updated fbx import-export interface to make it accessible from the model editor;
- SeriousEditor: Fixed crash when trying to solve solution which doesn't have lightmaps' dimensions of power of 2;
- SeriousEditor's file open dialog is now better at handling files with weird path formats (mixed slashes and backslashes, dot-dots...)."
Furthermore, the update is also meant to prepare everything needed for the Steam Workshop support. Bulgarian locale has been added as well, along with more optimizations on OpenGL (GLSL) shaders.
Other changes included in the latest 171822 update for Serious Sam 3
update are detailed below:
"- Updated browser list control to display green checkered background for files without a catalog index;
- Voice chat now also works via OpenAL, if enabled via svm_bOpenALVoiceRecording. It is enabled by default on Linux, but disabled by default on OSX, because OpenAL recording is broken in most OSX versions."
For more details on the latest improvements and bug fixes added to the game check out the official announcement