CroTeam has just posted a fresh update for Serious Sam 3: BFE on the Steam service for the PC platform, fixing a variety of issues relating to the recently added Steam Workshop support, as well as quite a few other technical glitches and some tied to the game's Linux version.
Serious Sam 3: BFE came out a year ago, but CroTeam has kept updating the game with new things, including support for the Steam Workshop, through which players can share their in-game creations with others via Steam.
Now, after releasing the feature a month ago, CroTeam has released a special patch designed to improve upon the Workshop support by eliminating a variety of lingering issues.
What's more, the new update also improves different technical bugs, from issues with the weapon changing mechanic to various functions and scripts that wouldn't behave properly, not to mention problems with the Linux version of the game.
Check out the full list of things included in the new Serious Sam 3 patch below, via Steam.
- Added a script that offers to automatically install libpci.3 on linux if it is missing.
- Fixed graphics corruption under OpenGL if game is minimized or "alt-tabbed" while it is loading content.
- Fixed screen-shot grabbing and manual save-game thumbnails not working under OpenGL.
- OpenGL library can now load even if some vendor dependent functions are missing.
- X11 libraries on Linux are now dynamically loaded, so game can properly report and error if something is missing.
- Dedicated server on Linux no longer requires X11 to be installed.
- Fixed problems with filenames of wrong case that happened only with Linux dedicated server.
- Full support for language packs in Workshop. Language mods can now work even in pure (non-moddable) version of the game, and don't require any customization from user side. Just subscribe to them.
- Workshop packages menu is now also available in non-moddable version of application (this allows enabling/disabling of language packs).
- User is now properly notified when Steam Workshop content download fails.
- Fixed issues that might have prevented some user accounts from uploading to Workshop.
- SeriousEditor now displays Steam Workshop sync progress in status bar.
- Upload to Steam Workshop command is no longer available until Steam Workshop sync is finished. Previuously, it locked up the application.
- Fixed an issue causing clients to always see weapon change on HUD at game start.
- Fixed a lockup happening if spectator cameras are linked in a closed loop. This only happened with user-made levels.
- Weapon change attempt is now correctly being indicated on HUD if performed during sprint.
- Fixed popup menus in Serious Editor sometimes going off the bottom of the screen in multimonitor setups.
- Fixed duplicate directory entries being shown in Serious Editor in file browsing for directories inside user-made .gro files.
- Added vertex merge when importing fbx meshes.
- Added facilities in Serious Editor to automate editing on entities from console scripts.
- Added cfuncs edtGetMemberValue(strUserDataPath) and edtSetMemberValue(strUserDataPath, value) used to change entity properties.
- Added cfunc edtSelectEntityPropertyByID(iEntityID).
The new update will be automatically downloaded by Steam the next time you start it up.