Samsung Galaxy S III Receiving Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update in India
The update is rolled out OTA (over-the-air) and has 290MB in size
It appears that the long-awaited Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S III has just arrived on Indian shores. Samsung started the rollout of the upgrade about a month ago, and European countries were among the first to receive it.The guys over at AndroidOS claim they have received multiple reports suggesting the update is now live in India and it should arrive on all Samsung Galaxy S III units in the following days.
Keep in mind the update is pushed through OTA (over-the-air) in stages, so not all Indian Galaxy S III owners might get it at the same time.
Those who want to check whether their devices are eligible for the upgrade can do so by going to Settings / About device / Software update / Check for updates.
In addition, software update DDLJ1 is also available via Samsung Kies desktop software, so you might want to download and install the latest version of this application on your PC.
It’s also been reported the update is about 290MB in size and that it would bring the phone’s firmware to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Aside from that, numerous new features, improvements, tweaks and enhancements will be added to the Galaxy S III devices via this update. Some of these are detailed below:
- New live camera and camcorder filters like Warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights (blue, green, red/yellow), and many more;
- Pause and resume while recording video allows users to string together multiple captured video clips;
- Low light photo mode offers an optimized mode for low light and indoor photos;
- Users can now easily resize or pause the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window;
- Owners can disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
Hopefully, Samsung will be able to roll out the next Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update to Galaxy S III units soon after it gets released by Google. Stay tuned for more info on this one.