A new Windows Phone 8 handset at only $49 on contract
Mobile phone users in the United States interested in the purchase of a new Windows Phone handset on the network of wireless carrier Verizon can now opt in for the long expected Samsung ATIV Odyssey.Initially announced in October and made official at CES2013 earlier this month, the mobile phone is finally available for purchase in the US, with support for Big Red’s fast 4G LTE network.
Users who will purchase the smartphone through Verizon’s website will find it available at only $49.99 (€37) with the signing of a two-year contract agreement, which makes it one of the most affordable Windows Phone 8 devices in the country.
The smartphone lands on shelves with a 4.0-inch Super AMOLED screen capable of delivering an 800 x 480 pixels resolution, as well as with a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) MSM8960 processor inside.
Furthermore, Samsung packed the new device with 1GB of RAM, as well as with 8GB of internal memory, and with a microSD memory card slot with support for up to 64GB of external storage space.
On the back, the Samsung ATIV Odyssey sports a 5-megapixel photo snapper, with support for HD video recording, complemented by a 1.2MP front camera for making video calls.
The phone’s specs list also includes Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth connectivity, a 2100 mAh battery, NFC, and the usual set of sensors.
Furthermore, it can provide users with a nice range of features powered by the Windows Phone 8 operating system, including a Photo Editor, Mini Diary, SkyDrive and the like.
Other features of the Windows Phone 8-based device include:
- Simplicity and flexibility. Live Tiles are dynamic and intuitive, providing you the latest news, flight info, sports scores and more at a glance
- Easy to learn. The Microsoft programs that you’re already familiar with are part of the intuitive Windows Phone 8 experience
- Create a child–friendly space within your phone using Kid’s Corner. They can only access the apps, music and videos you permit
- Get help monitoring your monthly data usage with Data Sense, only by Verizon, for a limited time. Receive alerts and access smart controls that help you save on data
- SkyDrive lets you easily access and share important files (including photos) from virtually anywhere. Your account comes with 7 GB of free storage, and you can add more
- Only Windows Phone OS has Xbox LIVE built in. Track your achievements, view your gamer score, chat with friends or just change your avatar.