Samba 4.0.6 Is Available for Download
The latest version of Samba can be downloaded from Softpedia
Samba, an app that seamlessly integrates Linux/Unix servers and desktops into Active Directory environments using the winbind daemon, is now at version 4.0.6.The sixth maintenance release is in the 4.x branch and contains all of Samba's technology parts, both a file server, which can be upgraded from existing Samba 3.x releases, and the AD domain controller previously known as “samba4.”
Highlights of Samba 4.0.6:
• SMB2 server now supports recvfile;
• Oplock breaks are now properly handled in compound requests;
• A specified python version is now used for the runtime installation of Samba;
• '--with-dmapi' has been changed to 'default=auto'to match the autoconf build;
• The username map optimization has been fixed;
• An issues that occurred when running 'smbtorture smb.base' has been fixed.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download Samba 4.0.6 for Linux from Softpedia.
Download Samba 4.0.6 for Mac from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW