Samba 4.0.3 Security Release Officially Released
The latest version of Samba can be downloaded from Softpedia
Samba, an app that seamlessly integrates Linux/Unix servers and desktops into Active Directory environments using the winbind daemon, is now at version 4.0.3.The third maintenance release is in the 4.x branch and contains all of Samba's technology parts, both a file server, which can be upgraded from existing Samba 3.x releases, and the AD domain controller previously known as “samba4.”
Highlights of Samba 4.0.3:
• Non-ASCII characters are now properly handled;
• The ACL problem, with delegation of privileges and deletion of accounts over LDAP interface, has been fixed;
• A 'smbd' panic triggered by unlink after open has been fixed;
• A memleak in the async echo handler has been fixed;
• The command line options in dbwrap_tool(1) have been documented;
• ACLs are not inherited to directories for DFS shares;
• Login without a PAC by default is now possible.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download Samba 4.0.3 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW