Salix, a GNU/Linux distribution based on Slackware, that is simple, fast, easy to use, and relying on XFCE desktop environment, is now at version 14.0 RC3.
The developer of Salix OS 14.0 RC3, The Salix OS Team, has provided two separate images for the 32-bit and 64-bit architecture.
Highlights of Salix OS XFCE 14.0 RC3:
• The trouble with unzip crashing on some very specific zip files has been fixed;
• The GNU Privacy Assistant tool has been removed from the iso;
• The flash-plugin has received an important security update;
• A bug with wicd not running post/pre connect scripts was fixed;
• mate-file-archive has been updated to version 1.4.1;
• Libreoffice will not prompt for an upgrade from inside its own GUI.
A complete list of new features can be found in the official announcement
Download Salix Xfce 14.0 RC3
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.