"These releases are targeted to advanced users who want to take full control of the features and packages installed on their system. Sabayon's Entropy package manager can be utilized as soon as the release is installed to quickly build out the installation based on the users' exact requirements. SpinBase/CoreCDX also has the capability to install packages using the Portage package management system." - was stated in the official press release.
Highlights of Sabayon Linux SpinBase and CoreCDX:
· Linux kernel 2.6.34 optimized for desktop usage;
· Based on the Glibc 2.10 and GCC 4.4;
· Small ISO images that can be booted from CD or USB stick;
· Text-Based installer for the SpinBase edition;
· Graphical installer for the CoreCDX edition;
· Basic networking;
· Ready for Portage and Entropy (allows access to lots of installable apps);
· Easily customizable system (with the help of Entropy);
· OpenVZ-enabled kernels optimized for servers are available in the default repositories;
· Fast installation process (guaranteed to take less than 5 minutes).
In order to run Sabayon Linux CoreCDX and SpinBase 5.3 editions on your machine, make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements:
· Intel Pentium Pro, Celeron, AMD K6-2, Pentium II/III or AMD Athlon CPU;
· 256 MB of RAM;
· 2-3 GB of free hard disk space;
· Supported 2D video card;
· a CD reader or USB flash drive.
About Sabayon LinuxSabayon Linux is a Gentoo-powered Linux distribution that offers a very attractive and easy-to-use desktop environment, out-of-the-box support for wireless networks, Adobe's Flash Player, Sun's Java technology, the OpenOffice.org open-source office suite, the award-winning Mozilla Firefox and Opera web browsers, Google Earth, Picasa, Adobe Reader, VLC and many, many more popular and useful applications and tools.
Download Sabayon Linux SpinBase 5.3 right now from Softpedia.
Download Sabayon Linux CoreCDX 5.3 right now from Softpedia.