Fabio Erculiani proudly announced a few minutes ago the immediate availability for download of the Sabayon Linux 6.0 operating system, designed for Linux enthusiasts who want the latest packages and the best performance, but don't want to spend days getting things working properly.Sabayon Linux 6.0 comes, as usual, distributed as GNOME and KDE SC ISO images, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. It includes cutting-edge applications, Linux kernel 126.96.36.199, GNOME 2.32.2 and KDE Software Compilation 4.6.4.
Highlights of Sabayon Linux 6.0:
· Linux kernel 188.8.131.52;
· X.Org Server 1.10;
· GNOME 2.32.2;
· KDE SC 4.6.4;
· Chromium as default web browser;
· Native support for Btrfs filesystems;
· Support for 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen LCD monitors;
· Brand new and amazing artwork and boot music intro;
· Improved boot speed;
· LibreOffice 3.3.3;
· Entropy 1.0 RC10;
· Installer improvements (now with support for LVM, crypt and swRAID);
· Extra kernel packages in the default repositories (Server-optimized, Vserver-enabled, OpenVZ-enabled);
· Added Ubuntu's ufw firewall;
· Sane Desktop Compositing is now enabled by default;
· Uses jpeg-turbo library for faster JPEG image rendering;
· Added kernel-switcher to easily switch between Sabayon Linux kernels;
· GRUB 1.99;
· Python 2.7;
· GCC 4.5.2;
· Over 1,000 applications were updated;
· More than 100 bugs were fixed;
· Can run inside Windows!
· An i686-compatible processor - Intel Pentium II/III, Celeron, AMD Athlon;
· 512 MB of RAM for GNOME or 768 MB of RAM for KDE SC;
· 8 GB of free hard disk space;
· Supported 2D video card;
· A DVD reader.
· Dual Core Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better;
· 1 GB of RAM;
· 15 GB of free hard disk space;
· Supported 3D video card - Nvidia, AMD or Intel;
· A DVD reader.
Download Sabayon Linux 6.0 GNOME (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.
Download Sabayon Linux 6.0 KDE (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.