After the release of Sabayon Linux 5.5, the development team proudly announced today, February 8th, the immediate availability for download of the CoreCDX and SpinBase editions of their popular Sabayon Linux operating system.Sabayon Linux 5.5 SpinBase and CoreCDX editions are designed for Linux experts and advanced users that want to set up a home server or create their very own operating system, based on Sabayon.
While the SpinBase edition allows users to make Sabayon spins or set up a home server, and has a new text-based installer powered by Anaconda, the CoreCDX allows users to easily obtain a minimal installation of Sabayon, in a multiboot environment.
"These releases are targeted to advanced users who want to take full control of the features and packages installed on their system. Sabayon's Entropy package manager can be utilized as soon as the release is installed to quickly build out the installation based on the users exact requirements. SpinBase/CoreCDX has also has the capability to install packages using the Portage package management system." - was stated in the official release announcement.
Highlights of Sabayon Linux CoreCDX and SpinBase 5.5:
· Linux kernel 2.6.37 (desktop optimized kernel with Tuxonice, the Group Scheduling patch and AUFS2.1);
· Glibc 2.11;
· EXT4 as the default filesystems;
· Support for encrypted filesystems (LUKS);
· Support for Btrfs filesystems;
· Small ISO images that can be booted from CD or USB stick;
· Entropy Framework updated to version 1.0 Alpha 14;
· Ready for Portage and Entropy (allows access to lots of installable apps);
· Easily customizable system (with the help of Entropy);
· OpenVZ-enabled kernels optimized for servers are available in the default repositories;
· Fast installation process (guaranteed to take less than 5 minutes).
In order to run the Sabayon Linux CoreCDX and SpinBase 5.5 editions on your system, make sure that you meet the minimum requirements:
· Intel Pentium Pro, Celeron, AMD K6-2, Pentium II/III or AMD Athlon CPU;
· 128 MB of RAM;
· 2-3 GB of free hard disk space;
· Supported 2D video card;
· a CD reader or USB flash drive.
About Sabayon LinuxSabayon Linux is a Gentoo-powered Linux distribution that offers a very attractive and easy-to-use desktop environment, out-of-the-box support for wireless networks, Adobe's Flash Player, Sun's Java technology, the OpenOffice.org open-source office suite, the award-winning Mozilla Firefox and Opera web browsers, Google Earth, Picasa, Adobe Reader, VLC and many, many more popular and useful applications and tools.
Download Sabayon Linux 5.5 CoreCDX (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.
Download Sabayon Linux 5.5 SpinBase (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.