Fabio Erculiani proudly announced a couple of days ago, October 10th, the immediate availability for download of the Sabayon Linux 7 operating system, designed for Linux enthusiasts who want the latest packages and the best performance, but don't want to spend days getting things working properly.The new Sabayon 7 is distributed as GNOME, KDE SC and Xfce ISO images, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. It includes cutting-edge applications, Linux kernel 3.0, GNOME 3.2.0, LibreOffice 3.4, Xfce 4.8 and KDE Software Compilation 4.7.
Highlights of Sabayon 7:
· Linux Kernel 3.0;
· GNOME 3.2.0;
· KDE Software Compilation 4.7;
· Xfce 4.8;
· Native support for Btrfs filesystems;
· LibreOffice 184.108.40.206;
· Entropy 1.0 RC59
· Better support for non-roman and IME fonts;
· Better support for non-latin languages;
· Extra kernel packages in the default repositories (Server-optimized, Vserver-enabled, OpenVZ-enabled);
· Semi-automated package updates;
· Over 4000 updated apps!
· An i686-compatible processor - Intel Pentium II/III, Celeron, AMD Athlon;
· 512 MB of RAM for GNOME or 768 MB of RAM for KDE SC;
· 8 GB of free hard disk space;
· Supported 2D video card;
· A DVD reader.
· Dual Core Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better;
· 1 GB of RAM;
· 15 GB of free hard disk space;
· Supported 3D video card - Nvidia, AMD or Intel;
· A DVD reader.
About Sabayon LinuxSabayon Linux is a Gentoo-powered Linux distribution that offers a very attractive and easy-to-use desktop environment, out-of-the-box support for wireless networks, Adobe's Flash Player, Sun's Java technology, the OpenOffice.org open-source office suite, the award-winning Mozilla Firefox and Opera web browsers, Google Earth, Picasa, Adobe Reader, VLC and many, many more popular and useful applications and tools.
Download Sabayon Linux 7 GNOME (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.
Download Sabayon Linux 7 KDE (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.
Download Sabayon Linux 7 Xfce (32-bit and 64-bit) right now from Softpedia.