Return To Castle Wolfenstein, a first-person shooter released back in 2001, with Activision as publisher, now has a cooperative mode that was just updated by its developers.
The patches for Return To Castle Wolfenstein Coop are coming at brisk pace and more and more features are getting integrated.
This time, Return To Castle Wolfenstein Coop 0.9.3 implements a number of fixes and new features but, most importantly, a new client and server network code.
This latest version is not network-compatible with the previous versions. If you choose to upgrade, you will not be able to play with users who have lower versions. Highlights of Return To Castle Wolfenstein Coop 0.9.3:
• New client/server network code has been ported from the original Return To Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer;
• pk3 autodownloading is now working, thanks to the rtcwmp (Return To Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer) client server code;
• Knife throwing has been implemented;
• New sound code has been implemented;
• A new alias for the “mp_quickmessage cmd: voicechat” has been added;
• “Attempts” in end level stats now show the number of deaths of all players;
• New vote sounds have been added;
• Cvar security fixes have been implemented.
The installation and gameplay instructions are pretty easy to follow. You will need the original Return to Castle Wolfenstein game. Installation:
• Copy all your rtcw pk3 files (mp_*.pk3, sp_*.pk3 and pak0.pk3) inside the main rtcwcoop folder;
• Don't mix this with your current rtcw installation. You have to play this game as a complete new game;
• Run rtcwcoop and the game will start;
• Click the “cooperative game” menu item to create a game or to connect to an existing game;
• You can open the console by pressing Shift + Escape;
If you are interested in this game, you should check the official announcement
for a complete list of changes and updates.
Download Return To Castle Wolfenstein Coop 0.9.3
right now from Softpedia.