Just a few weeks after the first beta of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1, Red Hat has announced that a second development version is available for testing.Highlights of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 Beta 2:
• Scalability has been improved, supporting virtual machines with up to 160 virtual CPUs and 2TB RAM;
• Browser-independent Web Admin portal has been improved;
• Storage Live Migration, allowing administrators to reduce down time and improve storage efficiency, has been added;
• New virtual machine storage features have been added;
• Support for storing virtual machine images on Red Hat Storage has been added.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
A final version will be made available by Red Hat later this year, after a few more development releases. Customers should check out the official release announcement for further details.