The new version has been made available to all the customers
Red Hat has announced the availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 Beta for all the customers and partners.Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 Beta includes numerous updates for the existing features set and provides new functionalities in the areas of identity management, file system, virtualization, and storage.
“Through this next beta release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat is proud to deliver the highest quality open source enterprise platform. We look to the community and our partners and customers for feedback to ensure Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 follows this path,” stated the official announcement.
Highlights of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 Beta:
• System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) enhancements have been implemented, improving the interoperability experience with [Microsoft Active Directory];
• pNFS (Parallel NFS) client (file layout only) is still in technology preview, but the developers have implemented Direct I/O for faster data access;
• Microsoft Hyper-V Linux drivers have been included in the distribution, improving the overall performance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 as a guest on Microsoft Hyper-V;
• Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V para-virtualization drivers has been integrated;
• KVM virtualization virtio-scsi support was added, offering storage stack scalability;
• Swap functionality over NFS is now possible, enabling more efficient read/write tradeoffs between local system memory and remote disks;
• An optimized perf tool for the latest Intel processors has been added;
• Microsoft interoperability improvements with Microsoft Exchange and calendar support in Evolution have been integrated;
• Animation studios and graphic design houses now have support for the newer Wacom tablets.
The complete release notes can be found in the official announcement.
Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.