Barry Kauler proudly announced yesterday, December 12th, the immediate availability for download of the Puppy Linux "Slacko" 5.3.1 distribution, based on the Slackware Linux 13.37 operating system.Puppy Linux "Slacko" 5.3.1 is a bug-fix release of the previous version. It is powered by Linux kernel 18.104.22.168 compiled with Aufs, and layered filesystem support.
"There are many flavours (builds, editions) of Puppy Linux, but "Flagship" means basically that we recommend this pup as a "first-stop" for newcomers (unless you have older hardware and might want to go for our Wary Puppy, or some particular need that attracts you to one of our other Puppy builds)."
"Slacko has had a very good reception, but as always there are things that can be improved, and Project Coordinator Mick Amadio has now released Slacko 5.3.1, a minor upgrade and bugfix release." - was stated in the official release announcement.
Highlights of Puppy Linux "Slacko" 5.3.1:
· Added pupsave mime icon;
· Updated Samba, OpenShot, Slickpet-, Trinity;
· Updated pfilesearch 1.2.8;
· Updated SeaMonkey 2.5;
· Updated acpid suspend;
· Fixed a bug related to bcrypt password;
· Added custom Samba 3.6.1 to PPM;
· Updated pmusic to version 2.2.2;
· Updated pburn to version 3.4.2;
· Updated psync;
· Fixed a bug related to touchpads;
· Fixed a bug related to light and heavy encryption;
· Fixed a bug related to too many deps showing in PPM;
· Improved flash download in /usr/sbin/delayedrun and getflash fixed;
· Fixed a bug related to -getflash;
· Added firmware;
· Expanded firmware;
· Fixed a bug related to complete removal of video-upgrade-wizard.desktop;
· Improvements to shutdown;
· Roll-back bootmanager;
· Many fixes and additions to PPM, gcmartin, Iguleder, DaveS, playdayz.
Also, don't forget to check out the official release notes for Puppy Linux "Slacko" 5.3.1.
Download Puppy Linux "Slacko" 5.3.1 right now from Softpedia.