Porteus, a portable Linux operating system that can be installed on a USB device, CDROM, SD card or hard drive, and based on the Linux Live Scripts, has just reached version 1.2.
Porteus 1.2 has been released for 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and brings a lot of changes and updates, such as:
· Linux kernel 3.4.4;
· KDE SC was updated to version 4.8.4;
· Trinity was update to version 184.108.40.206 (R14) (for both editions);
· XFCE 4.10;
· Wicd was replaced with NetworkManager;
· Mozilla Firefox was updated to version 13.0.1 (all editions);
· New and improved applications to handle system configuration have been added (Porteus Settings Centre, Language Selection Tool, Magic Folders, etc).
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement
. Download Porteus 1.2
right now from Softpedia. Follow us on Google+