BIND, an implementation of the Domain Name System (DNS) protocols and one of the most widely used DNS software on the Internet, has reached version 9.9.2-P1.Highlights of BIND 9.9.2-P1:
• A deliberately constructed combination of records could have caused 'named' to hang while populating the additional section of a response;
• A condition has been corrected where improper handling of zero-length RDATA could cause undesirable behavior, including termination of the named process;
• A new tool "dnssec-checkds" command that checks a zone to determine which DS records should be published in the parent zone, has been added;
• A new tool "dnssec-verify" that validates a signed zone has been implemented;
• A configuration option "max-rsa-exponent-size <value>;" that can be used to specify the maximum rsa exponent size, has been added.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download BIND 9.9.2-P1 right now from Softpedia.