Sony Online Entertainment has released a number of stats linked to the upcoming Planetside 2 MMO.
The full list of stats reads:
- players averaged over two hours a day in-game;
- 8.5 billion points of damage done to players;
- 5.8 billion points of damage done to vehicles;
- 535 million shots fired;
- 194.6 million shots hit;
- 6.3 million player deaths;
- 2.3 million rockets launched;
- 571 thousand grenades thrown.
The allegiance of gamers was distributed as follows: the Terran Republic - 34.67%; New Conglomerate - 32.96% and Vanu Sovereignty - 32.37%.
At the moment Planetside 2 is in beta stage and Sony says that the player base is delivering solid feedback that is helping the SOE team make the experience better for launch date.
Planetside 2 has the same core set of mechanics as the original title, with a focus on team play and solid class development.