Percona Server, an enhanced drop-in replacement for MySQL that will allow queries to run faster and more consistently and to consolidate servers on powerful hardware, is now at version 5.1.66-14.2.
Highlights of Percona Server 5.1.66-14.2:
• The server is now based on MySQL 5.1.66, including all the bug fixes in it;
• Multiple bitmap file support for XtraDB changed page tracking has been implemented.
• HandlerSocket has been updated to version 1.1.0;
• Fast InnoDB Checksum feature has now been deprecated;
• Rows_read was calculated in a way that lead to a negative value being printed in the slow query log. Fixed by making Rows_read to be a synonym for Rows_examined in the slow query log.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
. Download Percona Server 5.1.66-14.2
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.