After rolling out Payday 2 yesterday, developer Overkill has already deployed the first patch for the game, fixing some of the random crashes while tweaking different elements of certain levels, like Four Stores or Nightclub.Payday 2 has been anticipated for quite some time and quite a lot of fans eagerly awaited the game's global release yesterday on PC, via Steam.
Sadly, quite a few random crashes began to plague the game, as the title stopped working in certain moments, like when players chose a reward card after a heist or when they received an achievement.
After providing a workaround, a brand new patch has now been made available, fixing some of these crash scenarios while tweaking different levels.
Check out the full changelog, via the game's Steam group, below.
Changelog for Update #1 - 20130813
- Fixed the "card / loot drop crash" that community members would experience while in the money screen or in the PAYDAY.
- Fixed the "achievement crash" that community members would experience whenever gaining certain achievements. This also solves the issue where players are disconnected from the server.
- Fixed the "Bad Music" asset on the Nightclub level. It now correctly lowers the amount of people willing to dance to elevator music.
- Fixed the "Pickup Truck" asset on the Nightclub level. It now works.
- Removed the TV's in Four Stores' 24/7 store.
- Removed civilian alert on the office windows facing the street in the Nightclub level. The music is too loud for civvies outside the office to hear. Kinda like in that Hotline Miami level.
- Removed civilian alert on the fancy striped lamps in the Nightclub level.
- Fixed alley door in the Nightclub level.
The patch is a small one, weighing in at just 6MB, but is mandatory if players want to work alongside one another, as the two versions of the game aren't compatible in the online co-op mode.