Parted Magic, an operating system that employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful software, is now at version 2013.08.01.Parted Magic 2013.08.01 integrates a large number of updates, but the developers also chose to fix some old problems and add some new features.
“The program to download virus definitions has been overhauled to show more information after the download is complete. Such as the size of the files and the version. You can also decide to download the main, daily, or both. The program which displays what programs are installed has been split up into groups instead of a 1,000 package list.
“The EFI GRUB2 menu and the syslinux menu have been completely overhauled from scratch. The syslinux menu looks the same, but the guts are entirely new. The EFI GRUB2 menu is now laid out almost exactly like the syslinux menu so it isn't as confusing,” the official announcement reads.
Parted Magic OS makes use of software such as Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc.
It's also quite versatile and it supports most of the file system formats out there: btrfs, exfat, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, and zfs.
Highlights of Parted Magic 2013.08.01:
• The Parted Magic services program has been vastly improved and it's now easier to manage toggle buttons for stop and start;
• The program used to switch keyboards maps has received a much needed facelift;
• The application now includes wxHexEditor, powertop, mbuffer, mhash, and emelfm2;
• The developers have switched from systemd-udev to eudev;
• Over 100 programs have been updated.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download Parted Magic 2013.08.01 right now from Softpedia.