Parted Magic, an operating system that employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful software, is now at version 2013.06.15.
Beside the numerous improvements made to Parted Magic 2013.06.15, the developers also chose to replace the aging wallpaper with a new one.
“Colin Skees put together the Steampunk/Tron theme for us and I have to say it is really cool. We came up with 2 sizes and probe for screen resolution, so it looks good on most machines,” the official announcement reads.
Parted Magic OS makes use of software such as Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc.
It's also quite versatile and it supports most of the file system format out there: btrfs, exfat, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, and zfs.
Highlights of Parted Magic 2013.06.15:
• Parted Magic Mount now supports autorefresh;
• Device mapper, smart phones, cameras, and Kindles are now supported;
• Most of the little quirks have been worked;
• Clonezilla has been updated to 3.3.40;
• drbl has been updated to version 2.3.28;
• Partclone has been updated to version 0.2.60. It was initially upgraded to a 0.2.61, but it was incompatible with Clonezilla;
• Gparted has been patched in order to support bad sectors in NTFS environments;
• Users can now lock the screen and screen locker can be found in the right click desktop menu;
• The Erase Disk program now has logging;
• Remmina has been added to the desktop in order to provide users with RDP access;
• A large number of other program updates have been implemented in the distribution;
• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.8.13;
• All the latest Xorg drivers have been integrated;
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download Parted Magic 2013.06.15 right now from Softpedia.