Parsix 5.0 Test 2 (Lombardo) Is Based on GNOME 3.8.3
The developers also updated the Linux kernel and a few other major applications
Parsix GNU/Linux, a live and installation DVD-based on Debian that aims to provide a ready-to-use, easy-to-install desktop and laptop optimized operating system, is now at version 5.0 Test 2.The ultimate goal of the developers is to provide an easy-to-install desktop and laptop optimized operating system, based on Debian's testing branch and the latest stable release of GNOME desktop environment.
Highlights of Parsix 5.0 Test 2 (Lombardo):
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.8.13:
• GNOME has been updated to version 3.8.3;
• LibreOffice has been updated to version 3.5.4;
• VirtualBox has been updated to version 4.1.18;
• VLC has been updated to version 2.0.6.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of new features and updates.
Download Parsix 5.0 Test 2 (Lombardo) right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.