PC-BSD 9.0 RC2 Available for Download
The installation can now be done entirely via touch-screen
PC-BSD, a BSD distribution that has as its goals to be an easy-to-install-and-use desktop operating system, based on FreeBSD, is now at version 9.0 RC2.A second release candidate is now available for PC-BSD, bringing a lot of bug fixes and enhancements, although one issue will be fixed in RC3. More precisely, the default KDE wallpaper / desktop is broken with the update to KDE SC 4.7.3.
Highlights of PC-BSD 9.0 RC2:
· A button for xvkbd virtual-keyboard usage during installation has been added so the installation can be done entirely via touch-screen;
· VirtualBox mouse-pointer integration now works by default;
· Some issues which caused false identification of office documents as .zip files has been fixed;
· Set default language to en_US.UTF-8, which fixes mouting some removable media;
· A bug in AppCafe to show PBIs not associated with a particular repo has been fixed;
· Koffice-kde4 as optional meta-pkg for KDE4 has been added;
· pbi-manager is now a lot more “sudo” friendly;
· An xscreensaver to base system to fix issues in XFCE4 & others have been added.
Download PC-BSD 9.0 RC2 right now from Softpedia.
PC-BSD 9.2 RC2
HOT RIGHT NOW