The latest version of Solaris can be downloaded from Softpedia
Oracle Solaris, one of the most widely deployed UNIX operating system that delivers critical cloud infrastructure with built-in virtualization, simplified software lifecycle management, cloud scale data management and advanced protection for public, private and hybrid cloud environments, is now at version 11.1.The new Oracle Solaris 11.1 features over 300 new performance and feature enhancements, not to mention the fact that customers will be able to upgrade from the previous version.
Highlights of Oracle Solaris 11.1:
• The first cloud OS that allows customers to build large-scale enterprise-class Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS);
• Powers Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud engineered systems;
• Oracle Real Application Clusters lock latency has been improved by 17% by offloading lock management into the Oracle Solaris kernel;
• Users can now resize the Oracle Database SGA without having to reboot;
• User can now observe and understand database I/O bottlenecks easily using Oracle Solaris Dtrace;
• Users can now send system audit results to the Oracle Audit Vault to simplify compliance reporting for the overall Oracle Database platform;
• Compliance reports can be created quickly to meet auditor requirements with OpenSCAP, a new compliance reporting tool and a Payment Card Industry profile;
• Support for an unprecedented 32 TB of RAM and thousands of CPUs has been added;
• Support for the new, open standard Federated File System (FedFS) has been added;
• New, expanded support for Software Defined Networks (SDN), including enhancements to Edge Virtual Bridging, has been added;
• Multi-level security support for clustered environments with Oracle Solaris Trusted Extensions;
• Several enhancements have been implemented, in order to optimize operating system performance and capabilities when deployed in an Oracle VM Server for SPARC or Oracle VM Server for x86 virtualized environment.
“Oracle Solaris 11 is the best UNIX operating system to run Oracle applications, deploy mission critical cloud infrastructure and protect customer investments,” said John Fowler, executive vice president, Systems, Oracle.
A comprehensive list of changes, features and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Oracle Solaris 11.1 right now from Softpedia.