For those who are eager to play iMovie content from their iOS device on an HDTV, Apple has a few tips on how to optimize playback performance when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
Updated to version 1.2.1 this week, iMovie for iPhone and iPad
brings the following new features and tweaks, according to Apple:What's New in Version 1.2.1
• Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Resolves some cases of missing media in projects.
• Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser.
• Fixes an issue where a project's background music would not fade in or out.
• Additional performance and reliability improvements.
Those new playback functions that make use of the Apple Digital AV Adapter can be tweaked to get optimum performance, Apple says
The image may not be of the best quality when playing back video full screen from iMovie for iOS on an iPhone or iPod touch to an HDTV via the Apple Digital AV Adapter, according to the company.
This is because iMovie on iPhone and iPod touch plays back at a reduced quality setting when connected via HDMI to a display, in order to sustain the smoothest playback possible.
However, to increase image quality you can easily “share” your project in HD format by either sending it to the Camera Roll, “or one of the web destinations,” Apple’s advice goes.
“After completing the share process, you will enjoy full quality playback to an HDTV using the Apple Digital AV Adapter,” according to the Mac maker.
The Cupertino, California based technology giant also informs that making additional edits to a project will require sharing the project again “to enjoy full quality playback to an HDTV,” for those who may have trouble understanding the concept of last-saved-copy.