Today, Opera announced a new set of promotional offers for developers who want to have their applications available in the Opera Mobile Store, the fifth largest mobile app portal in the world.
The Store is accessible through the company’s Opera Mini and Opera Mobile web browsers and has over 40 million monthly users in markets such as India, Russia, Brazil, Indonesia and South Africa.
According to Opera
, the new promotional options available for developers extend beyond the mobile store to reach over 200 million users of Opera software.
Some of these include:
- Opera Mobile Store sponsored product listings: Sponsored product listings on the homepage as well as major content categories
- Opera Mobile Store featured app banners: Rich graphical ad units showcasing developer apps
- Smart Page: Browser launch-page banners available in the new Opera Mini 7
- Smart text banners: Contextually-relevant app promotions within Opera’s new smart content aggregation service, available in Opera Mini 7
- App of the Week promotions on Opera’s Facebook and Twitter pages, targeted by region
The promotion arrives shortly after Opera announced the launch of a self-service app promotion portal that enables developers to bid for customer downloads. According to Opera, this pay-per-download (PPD) platform provides targeting by region, platform, handset and more.
Additionally, the company
notes that devs can drive over 200,000 downloads each day, something that will certainly help them significantly increase their customer base.
“For example, NewsHunt, the largest news application on mobile phones, across Android, Java, Symbian, IOS and other platforms, with more than 6 million monthly unique users and close to 500 million monthly page views, has seen millions of downloads since working with Opera Mobile Store on app promotions,” Opera notes.
“We have used Opera’s multiple app promotion channels with great success. Opera has been a major catalyst in our growth in Asia,” says Virendra Gupta, CEO of Ver Se Innovation Pvt. Ltd., which runs Newshunt.
Devs interested in learning more on what Opera Mobile Store has to offer to them should head over to this page
on the company’s website to learn more on the matter.