OpenMW, an open source implementation of The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind game engine and functionality, is now at version 0.18.0.
OpenMW or OpenMorrowind is an ambitious project that aims to bring one of best role-playing games ever created into the open-source world.
The goals of the OpenMW developers are quite ambitious. They plan on supporting all existing content, including Tribunal, Bloodmoon and all user-created mods, create new spell and effects, fix initial design bugs, improve the interface and journal system, improve game mechanics and graphics, and even implement multiplayer.
The new version of OpenMW, 0.18.0, comes with a lot of changes and great new features, including a new level up system.
Highlights of OpenMW 0.18.0:
• A Hide Marker has been added, fixing the big black blocks problems;
• A Hotkey dialog has been added;
• A Level-Up dialog has been added;
• Keyboard and Mouse bindings have been implemented and the input system has been rewritten;
• A new Spell Buying Window has been implemented;
• Support for handling resources across multiple data directories has been added;
• Object Movement/Creation script instructions have been added;
• Door markers on the local map have been implemented;
• Initial AI framework has been added;
• User can now open Keys to open doors and containers;
• A set of new Loading screens have been added to make transitions between levels more fun;
• Inventory avatar image and race selection head preview have been added;
• The size of Preferences menu buttons have been modified;
• A lot of new fixes have been implemented.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Users must legally own and install Morrowind before they can use OpenMW as it is intended – to play Morrowind.
Download OpenMW 1.18.0 right now from Softpedia.