The latest version of this distribution can be downloaded from Softpedia
The final version of OpenMandriva Lx 2013, a fully-featured Linux desktop and server sponsored by the OpenMandriva Association, has been released.The declared goal of OpenMandriva is to facilitate the creation, improvement, promotion, and distribution of free software and open source in general.
“OpenMandriva Lx is an exciting free Desktop Operating System that aims to cater to and interest first time and advanced users alike. It has the breadth and depth of an advanced system but is designed to be simple and straightforward in use.”
“This release, OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 is dedicated to the memory of Ron (Ronald van Pomeren), aka Arvi Pingus. Ron was one of the first contributors to OpenMandriva, dedicated, professional – and just a very good person and friend to many of us. We miss him,” reads the official announcement.
The users of the previous development releases, RC1 and RC2, won’t have to install the operating all over again and it will be enough to upgrade to the new version. They will also find that very little has changed.
Highlights of OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0:
• A new Linux kernel (3.11.6) called NRJ has been implemented;
• KDE 4.11.2 has been implemented and a KDE 4.11 installation featuring ROSA's SimpleWelcome launcher, a winner of the latest contest, is also provided;
• The graphics support has been improved with the implementation of the latest drivers;
• The latest ATI graphics cards are now supported;
• The Intel graphics cards are now supported with the latest kernel implemented, including newer 4th generation Intel graphics cards;
• The traditional Elementary theme has been kept;
• The SimpleWelcome launcher has been added;
• KMail is now the default email client, which has improved since the previous release.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement. You can download OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 right now from Softpedia.