Open-Source Flight Simulator FlightGear Reaches Version 2.10
This latest version includes new lighting models and improved graphics
FlightGear, an open-source flight simulator that supports a variety of popular platforms and is developed by skilled volunteers from around the world, is now at version 2.10.FlightGear aims to create a sophisticated and open flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, pilot training, or as an industry engineering tool.
Highlights of FlightGear 2.10:
• The simulation includes a few lighting models such as Rayleigh, volumetric ground fog simulation, realistic ambient and diffuse light curves, and more;
• Clouds and winds are influenced by the distribution of terrain elevation;
• Startup time and memory occupancy has been reduced by the implementation of a cache of navigation data;
• The Nasal Console has been improved to support copy/paste, making Nasal script development easier;
• Route Manager now has better support for Navigraph procedures.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download FlightGear 2.10 right now from Softpedia.
FlightGear in action
HOT RIGHT NOW