Open-Xchange, a provider of business-class open source collaboration software for enterprises and SaaS providers, has announced that Open-Xchange Server 6.22.1 is now available for download.Open-Xchange 6.22.1 includes a new version of Open-Xchange Server 6 (OX6), the common basis for OX HE (Hosting Edition) and OX SE (Server Edition).
The sheer number of changes in Open-Xchange 6.22.1 is staggering, but the new version also comes with a warning for Red Hat users.
According to the developers, Open-Xchange will discontinue support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and CentOS 5 with version 6.22.1. All users of RHEL 5 and CentOS 5 are encouraged to update to the latest operating system versions.
Highlights of Open-Xchange 6.22.1:
• Changeuser CLI is now able to remove the birthday field from a user. The possibility to delete users’ birthday value has been added;
• Printing is now possible when having appointments without descriptions. The handling of null value for appointment titles is now done properly;
• A sanitizing method to look-up possibly misspelled printf-style identifiers has been added;
• Mails are now deleted from POP server when the checkbox for deleting mails is set. A move into trash folder now leads to removal of associated messages in linked POP3 account, if the delete-write-through option is enabled;
• Handling has been changed to a more generic error message;
• The Dropdown Buttons in eMail compose window are now working when the dashboard is hidden;
• A folder auto-refresh has been added after deleting a service on the accounts page, under ‘my social configuration’;
• Due to the introduction of the Open-Xchange Notifier a new configuration file oxnotifier.properties has been introduced;
• The amount of data imported from ical can now be limited;
• Hazelcast MBeans is now activated by default.
A complete changelog featuring all the new features and modifications can be found in the official announcement.
Download Open-Xchange 6.22.1 right now from Softpedia.