The Ubuntu Manual team is proud to announce a new edition of the comprehensive Ubuntu manual, this time for the Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) operating system.
The Ubuntu 10.10 Manual is free of charge and it's designed for beginners and advanced users and it contains essential how-tos, guides, basic information about Linux and its components, and everything one needs to know after installing Ubuntu.
Dubbed Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.10, the 156 pages long PDF document will help new Ubuntu 10.10 users to understand how the operating system works and familiarize them with everyday tasks.
The Ubuntu Manual for Ubuntu 10.10 is written in over 52 languages, including English, French, Deutsch, Finnish, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Virtnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Catalan, Serbian, Australian English.
The Ubuntu Manual has a professional appearance and it is very easy to follow, even by the users that just heard about Linux or Ubuntu.
Highlights of Ubuntu 10.10 Manual:
· Easy to follow step-by-step instructions with screenshots;
· Everything you need in a single PDF document (approx 4.5 MB in size);
· Progressive learning curve, from basic tasks to advanced configurations;
· Translated in more than 52 languages with localized screenshots;
· Users can modify, share, download, reproduce the Ubuntu Manual as they want;
· Printing friendly version;
· Troubleshooting section;
· Free of charge!
Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) is the 13th release of the Ubuntu operating system and it is supported for 18 months on both desktops and servers.
Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) includes the GNOME 2.32.0 desktop environment, it is powered by Linux kernel 126.96.36.199. It also includes the Nouveau video driver, X.Org 7.5, Xorg Server 1.9.0, Compiz Fusion 0.8.6 and many updated apps.