Photographers and those who like to take pictures with their phones from now and then will be pleased to know the official 500px is now available for Windows Phone platform.
500px is “an online platform for photographers to share their work and be inspired by their peers. Every month, millions of people visit 500px.com and our mobile apps to find the world’s most inspiring photography and learn techniques to develop their own skill and appreciation of the art,” reads the application's description.
With 500px Windows Phone users will be able to stay up to date on their friends' activity. This is possible thanks to a particular feature called Flow.
The application is fully compatible with Windows Phone's Live Tile, so users can customize the tile size of 500px and bring the application right on the home screen.
500px enables users to interact with other photographers or community members through notifications which are displayed within the app.
There's also another important trait of 500px that I would like to highlight, as the application allows users to comment on photos, like them, or add them to favorites for later viewing. Here are some of the 500px's most important features:
- Explore the Popular, Editors’ Choice, Upcoming and Fresh feeds, as well as other feeds of amazing photography with the swipe of a finger;
- Filter Photos using Categories
- Use the search capability to find photographs that match a specific search term;
- Tap on a photograph and view it in full-screen mode. Tap again to display stats, comments or votes about this photograph;
- Beautiful Lock Screen photo: Use Settings / Lock Screen Settings to configure your background and view fresh and inspiring photographs.
You can now download 500px for Windows Phone for free via Windows Phone Store. Keep in mind the application is only compatible with devices powered by Windows Phone 8 and up.