The distribution can be downloaded right now from Softpedia
OS4, a custom Linux distribution compatible with Ubuntu and Debian Linux that aims for ease of use and user friendliness, has just reached version 13.0.The goal of OS4 is to offer users a Linux alternative to Windows and Mac OS that is just as simple and ready to use as its counterparts.
According to the developer, Roberto J. Dohnert, OS4 focuses on people who don't like touch interfaces and who want an operating system that features a constant controlling scheme over the years.
OS4 OpenDesktop 13 is the most capable version launched so far, as it includes a large and vast array of hardware support, wifi support, multimedia codecs, not to mention Blu Ray and DVD Playback.
Highlights of OS4 OpenDesktop 13:
• XFCE desktop environment has been added to the distribution;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.2.0-31;
• Google Chrome has been updated to the latest stable branch, 22.x;
• The Gimp has been updated to version 2.8;
• Banshee has been updated to version 2.4.1;
• Evolution Groupware Suite has been updated at version 3.2.3;
• Shotwell has been updated to version 0.12.3;
• Nokia Maps has added to the distribution;
• Likewise Active Directory Membership is now at version 6.1;
• OpenJava has been updated to version 7;
• OpenDesktop 13 has flash support;
• VLC media player has been added to the distribution.
• The buy screen from the initial login has been removed.
Roberto J. Dohnert also provides users with slow or no Internet connection, the opportunity to buy the distribution, on a USB key for the sum of $45 (€34.84).
The minimum hardware requirements for the 32-bit platform are: PIII 800mhz, RAM 512mb, Hard Drive 10 GB, Graphics Standard VGA video card.
The minimum hardware requirements for the 64-bit platform are a little bigger: Processor Intel Cure Duo or higher, RAM 1 GB or higher, Hard Drive 10 GB, Graphics Standard VGA video card.
Download OS4 OpenDesktop 13 right now from Softpedia.