Nvidia Unleashes New Linux Driver, Improves Ubuntu's Unity
A new Nvidia Beta driver for Linux can be downloaded from Softpedia
Nvidia announced yesterday, October 15th, the immediate availability for download of the 310.14 version of its graphics driver for Linux operating systems.Nvidia continues to significantly improve their Linux drivers by releasing massive updates, even if they're still in beta.
This latest version made available, 310.14, is just as consistent as the previous updates and comes with a lot of new features and improvements.
Highlights of Nvidia Display Driver 304.51:
• A few workarounds have been implemented for two Adobe Flash bugs;
• An issue affecting the performance of moving windows of VDPAU applications when run in some composite managers has been repaired;
• Unofficial GLX protocol support has been added for the GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object OpenGL extension;
• Support for OpenGL 4.3 has been implemented;
• A bug that prevented the Ubuntu Unity launcher panel from unhiding was repaired;
• A bug that caused nvidia-installer to sometimes attempt to write a log file in a nonexistent directory was fixed;
• Support for HDMI 3D Stereo, with Quadro Kepler and later GPUs, has been added. See the documentation for the "Stereo" X configuration option in the README for details;
• Experimental support for OpenGL threaded optimizations, available through the __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS environment variable, has been added;
• Performance and responsiveness of windowed OpenGL applications running inside a Unity session have been improved.
• Support for the "Backlight" RandR output property for configuring the brightness of some notebook internal panels has been added;
• A bug that caused GLX to leak memory when Xinerama is enabled has been fixed.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 310.14 for Linux 32-bit right now from Softpedia.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 310.14 for Linux 64-bit right now from Softpedia.
Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW