NVIDIA has just announced the immediate availability for download of the 331.20 certified version of its graphics driver for Linux operating systems.The new Linux display driver, 331.20, is now the latest stable driver from NVIDIA, and it incorporates a lot of features. One in particular stands out.
According to the release notes, support has been implemented for the NVIDIA OpenGL-based Framebuffer Capture (NvFBCOpenGL).
“This library provides a high performance, low latency interface to capture and optionally encode the composited framebuffer of an X screen. NvFBC and NvIFR are private APIs that are only available to approved partners for use in remote graphics scenarios,” reads the official announcement.
NVIDIA is still pretty far from providing a standalone video capturing solution, like Shadowplay on Windows systems. Most likely, this is just the foundation necessary for various other solutions, like the one Valve will implement in Steam OS.
Highlights of NVIDIA 331.20 certified driver for Linux:
• A bug that prevented configuration files containing application profiles from being loaded has been corrected;
• nvidia-uvm.ko, the NVIDIA Unified Memory kernel module, has been added to the NVIDIA Linux driver package;
• A bug that caused the X server to fail to initialize when DisplayPort 1.2 monitors were assigned to separate X screens on the same GPU has been fixed;
• A bug that occasionally caused display corruption in GLX applications while changing the display configuration has been fixed;
• GPU utilization reporting has been added to the nvidia-settings control panel;
• Support has been implemented for multiple NVIDIA kernel modules. This feature allows users to assign different GPUs in the system to different NVIDIA kernel modules.
Check out the changelog for a complete list of fixes and improvements.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 331.20 for Linux 32-bit
Download Nvidia Display Driver 331.20 for Linux 64-bit
Download Nvidia Display Driver 331.20 for FreeBSD
Download Nvidia Display Driver 331.20 for Solaris
Download Nvidia Display Driver 331.20 for ARM