Nvidia has announced the immediate availability for download of the 319.23version of its graphics driver for Linux operating systems.Nvidia has just released a new certified driver for all supported platforms and it comes with a huge list of fixes and improvements.
Highlights of Nvidia 319.23 Driver for Linux:
• Support has been added for GeForce GTX 780;
• A regression, that could cause X to crash when querying GPU information through NV-CONTROL on multi-GPU systems, has been fixed;
• A bug that could cause X to crash when using Vertex Buffer Objects (VBOs) with indirect rendering has been fixed;
• A bug that prevented some drop-down menus in nvidia-settings from working correctly when using older versions of GTK+, has been corrected;
• RandR panning reporting is now working when the current MetaMode is smaller than the X screen;
• The "ForceCompositionPipeline" and "ForceFullCompositionPipeline" MetaMode options have been added.
• Support for HDMI 4K resolutions has been added.
A complete list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 319.23 for Linux 32-bit
Download Nvidia Display Driver 319.23 for Linux 64-bit
Download Nvidia Display Driver 319.23 for FreeBSD
Download Nvidia Display Driver 319.23 for Solaris