Nvidia 313.09 Beta Driver for Linux Greatly Improves Performance, Download Now
The latest Nvidia driver, specific to each platform, can be downloaded from Softpedia
Nvidia announced today, December 12, the immediate availability for download of the 313.09 Beta version of its graphics driver for Linux operating systems.Nvidia is making great strides for the Linux platform and is constantly improving the quality of their drivers, mostly by fixing problems spotted by the community.
With Steam for Linux out, at least in its Beta form, the sheer volume of needed fixes has increased exponentially. This means that Nvidia has to keep up the pace and release often and consistent.
This latest version made available, 313.09, is just as consistent as the previous updates and comes with a lot of new features and improvements.
Highlights of Nvidia Display Driver 313.09:
• The NVIDIA X driver has been updated in order to reprobe displays when VT-switching to X;
• An unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e for GLX indirect rendering), for the following extension and core commands, has been added;
• A bug that caused the cursor shadow to be clipped to 32x32 pixels, even on Kepler GPUs that supports a 256x256 cursor image, has been fixed;
• A bug that prevented some cursor image updates from taking effect, on displays with rotation or other transformations applied, has been repaired;
• Cursor alpha blending artifacts have been fixed on displays with rotation or other transformations applied;
• Support for the GLX_EXT_buffer_age extension has been added;
• The performance of glDrawPixels() has been improved by up to 450% when the pixel data is of type GL_BYTE;
• libnvidia-encode.so library dependency has been fixed by linking it with libnvcuvid.so.1 instead of libnvcuvid.so while creating it.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 313.09 for Linux 32-bit.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 313.09 for Linux 64-bit.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 313.09 for FreeBSD.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 313.09 for Solaris.
HOT RIGHT NOW