The famous Nova Launcher application for Android devices has just received a new update meant to bring some of the features offered by Google’s latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.
However, fans of the application should know TeslaCoil Software, the developers of the software, have only made this update available as beta, possibly due to some undiscovered issues.
Although the beta update does not show in the Google Play store yet, those who already have the latest 1.2.1 version of Nova Launcher installed on their devices can go to Settings / Check for updates, and choose to update to 1.2.2 iteration.
Keep in mind that this is beta release, so expect some stability and performance issues from time to time. The following changes have been added within Nova Launcher
1.2.2 beta version:
- Merge jellybean launcher;
- * Automatic desktop rearrangement;
- * Automatic widget resize;
- * Fling to delete;
- * Smoother;
- * More;
- Import settings from other launchers (Stock, Samsung, HTC, Moto, Trebuchet, Apex);
- Custom Drawer grid size;
- Add Info/Uninstall to quick menu, better centering and scrolling;
- Update Jelly Bean Icon Theme for Motorola Ice Cream Sandwich;
- Fix FCs.
The official changelog listed above is accessible from within the beta version of Nova Launcher, even before updating to 1.2.2.
The stable version of Nova Launcher
was officially updated on July 25 and includes the following changes:
- Jelly Bean visuals (search bar, animations);
- Greatly reduce load time;
- Change in UI on 7" tablets (now like stock Nexus 7);
- Custom widget picker list for Jellybean or Rooted devices;
- Improve desktop item padding allowing labels on denser grids;
- Bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Nova Launcher 1.2.1 is available as a free download via Google Play
store and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and up.