A new flavor of the popular Nova Launcher application is now available for download for Android devices, namely version 2.0.
The new application release arrives on devices with a nice range of enhancements packed inside, being capable of providing users with a far better experience than before.
The app is available for download for all devices running under Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or newer, and can be found on Softpedia on this page.
Some of the main changes in the new release include support for custom wallpaper cropping, complemented by an increased maximum desktop grid size and infinite Scroll Drawer Setting.
Furthermore, there is an alphabetical list drawer style for users to take advantage of, along with a small Icons Dock Setting, and better scrolling performance.
Other changes in the new release include force wallpaper scrolling on USA Samsung Galaxy S II, and lower memory usage.
An Aggressive Desktop Setting (Keep in memory) was added as well – “Retrieve Running Apps” used for Aggressive Desktop and warning when multiple launchers are running.
According to Android Police, other enhancements in the new release include:
- “Swipe to open folder” allowing swiping over a desktop or dock folder to open it, with the tap action doing something else (such as opening an app).
- Use app icons as replacement icons, for example to change a folder icon into the icon of an app within it
- Disc background for folders
- Folder background transparency
- Slightly redesigned Nova Action icons (and at Nexus 10 resolution)
- Auto-close options for drawer and dock
- Merge Android 4.2 changes
- New background image for settings apps
The team of developers behind the application also notes that there are various other fixes that were included in the new release, along with some optimizations and fine tuning.
Nova Launcher Prime, the paid flavor of the desktop replacement, was updated as well, now featuring custom Icon Size and swipe actions on any desktop icon, along with the above changes. It is available on Softpedia via this link.