Nokia Pulse Beta Now Available for All Windows Phone 8 Devices
Nokia released it for non-Lumia Windows Phone 8 handsets as well
One of the exclusive applications that the owners of Windows Phone devices from Nokia could take advantage of on their devices was Nokia Pulse, now available for download through the Windows Phone Store for non-Nokia handsets as well.The application was pushed to the software portal only recently as being developed by NAVTEQ EUROPE B.V., but with all the features and capabilities that Nokia Pulse was launched with on Nokia’s Lumia devices.
However, the company notes that this application release should be installed only on Windows Phone devices developed by other companies than Nokia.
To enjoy the features and capabilities of the application, users will have to sign in with their Nokia or Facebook accounts.
For the time being, the application is available for download in a beta flavor, the same as Nokia Pulse for Lumia devices is. This means that there might still be a series of issues that could affect users’ experience with it.
With Nokia Pulse, users will be able to easily share their location when sending messages from their Windows Phone 8 devices, as the app will automatically add the info on the message.
The main features of the app include:
- Share your location and send messages to your friends and family, no matter what phone they use, with Windows Phone or the mobile web.
- Pulse automatically adds your current location to each message you send. Suggest a place for your next gathering or simply say “I’m here,” and Pulse adds the rest.
- Suggest a place to meet and share rich details that everyone can access with a tap—ratings & reviews, map, directions, and more—without ever leaving the app, thanks to Nokia Maps integration.
- Create live tiles for the Pulse app, a specific conversation, or even the Compose message screen. The Pulse live tile notifies you of any new messages while the conversation live tile tells you of a new message for that conversation.
- Send your message to only the people you choose—no complicated privacy settings needed.
- Start entering a friend’s email address, and we will auto-fill it if it’s already in your contact list.
- Share your Pulse message to Facebook or Twitter when you want to let more friends know where you are.
Weighing in at 4MB, the new application is available for download for free through the Windows Phone Store, as version 0.10.19.0. It can be found on this page.